Yum! Just as delicious as I remember. Glad I ordered some more! Just the thing I needed to wake me up this morning and get my day started.
This black tea is so impressive. No astringency, an awesome buttery/baked good taste, slight honey notes, and a nice mild earthiness. See previous notes for more in depth taste profile.

Does anyone else know of a good black tea with no astringency and a similar/non astringent profile? I’m trying to get more into blacks, but I’m a little hesitant.

Ze_Teamaker

Basically from what I have seen and tasted, if you want non-astringent blacks stick with Chinese blacks or teas that arn’t from big trees; just the small high mountain variety. The bigger the tree and leaf, the more tannins which cause astringency; I’m like 99% sure on this.

Butiki Teas

Emily-You might enjoy our Mi Xian. It is similar to this but less pastry notes, more honey notes.

Emily M

Ze_Teamaker – Thanks for the tip.
Stacy – I was eyeballing the Mi Xian for my next order with you. I do love honey notes, so it sounds delicious!

Kittenna

Also you might like Butiki’s Premium Taiwanese Assam! It’s soooo good. Chocolate with raisin notes. Not quite the same, but astringency-free! Laoshan Black (Verdant) is another great astringency-free black tea.

Emily M

Thanks, Kittenna! I’ll have to check those out as well!

Comments

Ze_Teamaker

Butiki Teas

Emily M

Ze_Teamaker – Thanks for the tip.

Kittenna

Emily M

Thanks, Kittenna! I’ll have to check those out as well!

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!