drank Maple Pecan Oolong by Butiki Teas

Ok, back to this tea! Finally going to do an official tasting note of this one.

Dry – Smells just like a pecan! There are subtle maple notes, but the pecan seems most prominent.
Brewed – The maple comes out a more in the brew, but the pecan is still slightly more prominent. I’d say it’s about 40-60. Smells very good, like a maple pecan baked-good.

Taste: I did add a bit of rock sugar to this one, as I felt it needed some to bring more of the maple out. The initial sip pre-sugar was more pecan-y then I had wanted it to be. After sugar the maple came out to a nice level and the pecan was toned down just a tad. The oolong is also present here, lending a nice oaky, earthy flavor to the whole thing. Thought his is just water and tea (and a tad of sugar), the brew is quite thick feeling. It’s smooth and flavorful. Very interesting tea.

Overall, I think this tea is quite nice. I don’t think I’m too big on pecans, but that’s my fault and not the teas. If you do, however, love pecans, this would be an extremely good one to try. I’ll gladly finish up the rest of my bag. I think this tea succeeds in its mission and stays true to the name.

Tealizzy

Oooh, this sounds good! Can’t wait for my Butiki order!!

Emily M