drank Blueberry Fruit Tea by Teavivre

Sample from my first Teavivre order! I do love me some blueberries, so fingers crossed!

Dry: This smells like sweet blueberry, black currant, and maybe because I had grape tea earlier – grapes. I’m also picking up a bit of the roselle. It’s sweet, tart, and bursting with fruitiness!

Brewed: The blueberry scent has pulled back a bit, and I’m smelling mainly black currant. Don’t get me wrong,t he blueberry is still there. It’s just not standing out as much. Hints of grapes and other berries are present. It’s more tart smelling this time around, but maintains the sweet scent as well.

Taste: Very tart in the front, and slightly sweet at the back of the sip. I’m tasting more black currant and roselle than anything else. The blueberry is very faint. The grape is gone. I don’t think I’m diggin’ this one. I don’t know if it was me and my brewing or what, but this one is just too tart, not enough sweet. It’s almost sour. =(

I’m glad I tried a sample instead of buying a bag of it. Maybe I just don’t like fruit tisanes? Not something I’d repurchase, unfortunately. Wish it tasted more like it had smelled. Not undrinkable, but not somehting I want to finish, either.

Ze_Teamaker

Try brewing at a lower temp. I find that berry herbal blends sometimes taste better when brewed around 180-190F

Emily M

Yeah. I followed the suggested brewing temp against my better judgement. Should’ve stuck with my gut feeling. =(

Alphakitty

I find fruity tisanes like this are best iced—I always get kind of weirded out by the “hot fruit punch” effect

Emily M

Alphakitty – Yeah, I don’t know what it was, but it just wasn’t to my liking. Oh well. If I ever get a fruit tisane again, I’ll probably make it iced. I remember doing that with a berry one I had before, and I thought it tasted much better.

Comments

Ze_Teamaker

Alphakitty

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!