drank Milk Oolong by Mandala Tea

Sample sipdown – FAIL!
Had a sample of this that smelled SOOO good. I thought it’d be a good one to drink now, as I’m highly stressed and milk oolongs always seem to comfort me (they’re just so creamy and delicious!).

Unfortunately I oversteeped it. =(
It smelled nice and creamy, with the vegetal notes poking through here or there. Taste-wise, though, I was just getting bitterness with slight hints of vegetal/earthy oolong.

This is on my list of teas to buy. I think this one would’ve been really awesome.

Leave it to me to mess up a sample serving… sigh

doh! i feel your pain!

Fjellrev

Don’t beat yourself up!

Emily M

Incendiare – I just really wanted this one…haha. Oh well. Now there’s an excuse for me to buy it!

Garret

Emily… i didn’t really want to LIKE this note… i just wanted to acknowledge that I had read it. It’s a great tea. I typically do a first steeping of 20 seconds and hold that at that time for the first 4 or 5 steeps and slowly increase from there. When I’m just sitting with this tea doing gong fu, I usually do between 10 and 15 infusions. It’s great stuff. We need to get you some more!!

Really looking forward to being able to place an order with mandala once i get some more practice in with my gaiwan and get some teas out of my cupboard lol i think i might try this one…even though i dislike oolongs haha

I’ll be waiting for your review once you get some more Emily heh

Emily M

Garret – I just let myself get distracted. Silly of me, really. Thanks for the info. I will most certainly be getting more. I love Milk Oolongs!

Sil – Dislike oolongs!? What!? =P
Well hopefully if you decide to try it you’ll like this one. I’ll write a review as soon as I can get a hold of more – at the moment my tea stash is about ready to bury me!

Comments

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!