drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas

Could this tea possibly fill the Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black sized hole in my tea heart?
YES! Well, at least until it’s available again. This one is really good, and shares some similar aspects with the Wild Mountain Black.

Smell: This one has those warm honey notes that I just love, along with some nice sweet peachy notes. This smells like dessert in a cup – for real.

Taste: Absolutely no bitterness – yay! The honey and peach notes stand out the most in this cuppa. So good! There are some light citrus-y notes in the background, along with a lychee sweetness (surprise!). I’m also getting a bit of spice, which is also a nice surprise. Warm, lightly sweet, and smooth. I’m so excited about this one!

Three resteeps in and it’s still retaining flavor!

Butiki Teas

This one resteeps pretty nice. When I last did a gongfu session, I quit after 7 steeps but it was still going strong.

Emily M

I’m enjoying this one western style, but can’t wait to try it gongfu next time. Very delicious. Thanks for pointing this one out to me awhile back!

Alysha

Sounds yummy! Considering I’ve loved both Butiki blacks I’ve tried, I’m gonna have to try this one too!

Butiki Teas

You’re welcome! So glad you are enjoying it! :)

Rachel J

I love it too. It’s arriving TODAY with some Wild Mountain too. Can’t wait!

Emily M

Alysha – This one’s a keeper!

Rachel J – Yum! Enjoy. That’s a good order, right there!

Rachel J

Thanks! Just checked my lobby for the package. Not here yet!

Comments

Butiki Teas

Alysha

Butiki Teas

You’re welcome! So glad you are enjoying it! :)

Rachel J

I love it too. It’s arriving TODAY with some Wild Mountain too. Can’t wait!

Emily M

Alysha – This one’s a keeper!

Rachel J – Yum! Enjoy. That’s a good order, right there!

Rachel J

Thanks! Just checked my lobby for the package. Not here yet!

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!