Backlog and sipdown! This one came from yssah!

This tea was very sweet smelling upon opening the package and smelled faintly of the Rootbeer tea it was packed with (oops). Luckily, though, this didn’t seem to translate in the brewed smell/taste. Once brewed, this one smelled slightly like Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum – there are some berry/raspberry notes, as well as a carbonated smell (don’t know how it’s possible, but that’s what I’m getting). I’m also getting some subtle floral notes here. Interesting.

Taste: I am still getting that Hubba Bubba/pink chewing gum note I found in the smell. It’s strange, but not awful – it isn’t chemically or anything. I’m also getting the raspberry notes with some clear floral notes throughout the sip. There is also a champagne-like aspect here, though it obviously isn’t carbonated. I can almost taste the bubbles. Lastly, I’m getting grape-ish notes here, too. Hmm. This has an unexpected mouthfeel – its silky smooth. Kinda strange for this tea, as I was expecting a fresh, crisp mouthfeel. I guess I would say it’s almost buttery/milky.

It tastes nice, but it isn’t a favorite. The mouthfeel is strange and I’m not really digging it in this tea. I also don’t really care for the artificial chewing gum taste – like I said, it isn’t awful, but it isn’t exactly what you want in a tea, either. Unless of course it’s a bubble gum tea…then I guess that’s what you’d want, huh?

Overall, happy I got to try this. Is it awesome? No. Was it terrible? No. I think this one is a bit higher than middle of the road. I’d drink it if it was offered, but I don’t think I’d purchase it.

Glad I got to try this. Thanks again, yssah!

Anyanka

I wrote a tasting note earlier today for a tea that smelled just like bazooka joe gum. I just couldn’t get past it.

Emily M