drank Malawi White Peony by Butiki Teas

Sipdown! I’ve been waiting until my tastebuds are back to normal to try this one. Sure glad I did!

The leaves of this one are huge, and remind me of a Shou Mei I had once. Awesome.

This one tastes really nice. It is a delicate, smooth tea for sure. Slightly malty in taste, with a nice sweetness – almost fruit like in nature. Maybe lemon? It’s not sour, but the sweetness seems familiar. A slight buttery feel and flavor are present…yum. There are also some vegetal notes, with a hay-like taste that makes this cup super calming for me. Brings me back to a time where I used to muck horse stalls and take the horses out in the field and watch them play. I’m picking up very subtle floral notes – nothing screams I AM A FLOWER to me, which is nice. =)

Overall, I may have to add this to my list of future purchases. I enjoy nice cups of white tea, and this one is towards the top in my book. Very pleasing. Thanks for the sample, Stacy!

so for the record reading this, and then seeing your i am a flower in bold, it totally brought me back to a bug’s life when Heinrich cries out “I am a beautiful butterfly!”

Emily M

Haha! I loved that movie when I was younger. Heinrich was my favorite, and I always laughed when he said that! Glad I could conjure that image up for you, Sil. =P

Comments

Emily M

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Smooth Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

Happy steeping!