This lovely tea comes from Shelley_Lorraine! Thanks again, Shelley!

Because of time restrictions, I couldn’t do my first tasting of this one the way I really wanted to: gongfu. So I put a few teaspoons in my pot and brewed it up western style. I will update this once I’m able to brew this gongfu, but for now here are my findings:

Smell: This one smells really nice. I’m getting a roast-y oolong smell, as well as really nice mineral notes. The mineral notes are both “earthy” and sweet. I’m also picking up a fruity note – I’m thinking cherry. There is a cream-like (not exactly cream, but that’s all I can call it) aspect, too. Finally, there is a nice underlying cinnamon note.

Taste: This one is very mineral-y, or “rocky” as I say. There is a nice sweetness accompanying this aspect. Toward the middle of the sip is a surprise caramel taste – not overly sweet, but definitely caramel in flavor. The roast-y flavor is present throughout the sip, but really pops in at the end, along with a citrus element. There is a subtle spicy/sweet note also- most like cinnamon. Finally is the slight fruity sweetness; while I said cherry was in the smell, in the taste I can’t exactly pinpoint it in the taste.

I’m really digging this oolong! I can’t wait to see how it holds up brewed gongfu style. Glad I tried this one! Reminds me of a really good hike – all the rocks, streams, trees and fresh air. AWESOME.

Terri HarpLady

For some reason I haven’t tried this western yet. Now I’m gonna have to! Thanks!

Emily M

I just did because I was in the go, but it wasn’t too shabby! =)