drank Iced Princess by Teaopia

Since I need to get to the bottom of this tin, to justify trying a new Teaopia tea I will give this another shot, maybe even take it to work today and let the Out of School Care kids have a taste of it – This will be a nice treat compared to the bagged teas they have been having all year, and it will add to movie day, I hope!

This post will be adjusted after I have had my third tasting of this not so great tea.

…..
I think I have figured this out…
When making this tea iced do not follow the principle of doubling the teaspoons (because you are pouring it over ice): That’s bad.

I rounded up, instead of 1.5 tsps I did 2 tsps and I did strictly follow the steeping time today, 6-8 minutes, I aimed for 6. I could certianly detect a hint of strawberry (‘though I don’t remember if there are any in this mix) and there was no over powering scent of orange or rind. First sip, after pouring this over ice was refreshing, no horrible rind taste, no bitter tea taste.

I am still not impressed with how much work this took to figure out, when I walk into other tea places and ask them for directions if I should want to make an iced tea, the staff are helpful, Teaopia was NOT. I got a comment of: “Oh you know, the usual way you would prep iced tea” – clearly after all this I do not know, as I have wasted an entire 50gs trying to figure out how to make this “iced princess” which is clearly meant to be iced, iced.

GAH!

I love to read and what goes better with reading than a hot cup of tea on rainy winter nights and an ice-cold tea on a hot summers day?

I used to drink copious amounts of coffee but that was just a joke, because I never drank enough water to flush out that one cup of coffee (32oz of water to 8oz of coffee?!?) and the variety in tea gives me what I need – it is not often I will drink the same thing twice.

Tea is defiantly more gentle on the waistline… Espcially since when I crave apple pie I can reach for a cup of “Mom’s Apple pie” or if I want caramel corn for my movie night, I just have to brew a cup of “Movie Night”…

I definitely have a preference for Oolongs, flavoured Blacks and a select number of flavoured Rooibos.

I love you tea, this can only get better as the extra weight continues to tapper off!

Oh, did I mention I am a reader, a childcare worker, a teacher, a friend, a sister and so many other things in a day?

Victoria, B.C.