drank Gyokuro Imperial by Teavana

This is my second tasting of this, and I quite enjoy it. It’s vegetal and smooth, not bitter. I’m going to try a second steep to see how well it fares… So second steeping, not as vegetal and it’s quite sweet! So was not expecting that! Second steeping i used boiling water and steeped for 35 seconds. I’m impressed!

Anthony Bazic

As much as I like Gyokuro, sencha is also quite like gyokuro but a tad bit lighter and not so much as assertive. I recommend gyokuro and senchas made by maeda-en and yamamotoyamma that are sold in asian supermarkets. They are quite just as tasy and If there is a tight budget you can get away buying a packet of 5oz for 10 dollars! Yummy!

Comments

Anthony Bazic

New tea lover. Not an expert, I just love tea :)
Mom to two little boys, currently on Mat Leave from the HR industry.

Coffee may make you go mmmm, but tea always makes you go, ahhh.

Follow me on Twitter: erincarrasco
Check out our page on fb: www.facebook.com/erinstea

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada