I have been more than pleasantly surprised by this tea. My wife and I are in the process of paying off all of our debt, and part of that means that I have had to cut back my monthly tea budget. Two months ago I was looking for the best quality tea I could get for the lowest price and stumbled across this in the “Seasons Pick” section at Upton. I am huge fan of Yunnan teas and so I went out on a limb and bought an entire kilo of this stuff without having ever tried it. I was a little terrified.

This has turned out to be one of the most enjoyable teas for daily drinking that I have had in a long time. It doesn’t have the same complexity as some of the nicer Yunnans that I have tried, but then I knew ahead of time that it wouldn’t. It did, however, surprise me with a depth and richness that I have fallen in love with. It is not at all bitter, but has the boldness I need out of a morning cup of tea. As I said, I have had one or more pots of this for two months now and have yet to tire of it. I am going to miss it here in a week or so when I run out.

Attempting to live a simple life in Kansas City with my beautiful wife and three wonderful children. I have approximately 1,752 interests and right at the top of that list is tea. I am a big fan of unflavored teas of all sorts. I will always try something new.

I don’t typically rate or review teas. I tried, I really did, but it always seemed that by the time I had put the experience into words I had lost the experience that I had originally fallen in love with. Tea for me is best as it is. In the leaf. In the pot. In the cup. That said, I never seem short for words when it comes to talking about it, so if you want to talk tea, just let me know!

Kansas City, MO