drank Emerald Lily by Rishi Tea

Today is just one of those days. It’s been raining all day and I found out my raincoat is not exactly waterproof in the shoulder seams anymore. I have much to do for school before the week is out and makes me wish I had an actual job again. I’m not sick but I’m just feeling very blah-like. I was in the mood to drink a jasmine tea but for whatever reason they all smell overly prefumey and almost make me want to gag. I just want a nice cup of green tea. I look at my new tin of this (just bought more the other night) and i know I love it but I wasn’t sure I was in the mood. I open the tin and know I immediately have to make some. So, I sit here and drink this lovely mellow tea, I relax and feel a little bit better.

I’m an avid tea drinker, it’s what I drink all day and why I’m here. I don’t sweeten my teas except for the occasional iced tea or cold-brewed tea. I typically brew my teas with a brew basket in a 12 oz cup. If I brew another way I will always note it.

Dislikes: black teas, milk flavored oolongs, hibiscus, red rooibos, licorice, dessert teas, mate, guayusa.

Loves: straight teas, especially Chinese green teas, sencha, jasmine, dan congs, mint, coconut.

My ratings are based mostly on the smiley faces. If a tea is of good quality but not to my taste preference I try not to rate it because I think that is unfair.

I drink a lot of the same teas and will not record every time I drink them. I log them the first time I try them and then again if I did something different and/or got different results.

I also try to keep my cupboard updated to what I actually have for those that wish to swap, although some of them are merely samples.

100 – http://steepster.com/teas/verdant-tea/32720-hand-rolled-top-grade-jasmine