drank White Monkey by Octavia Tea

I’m surprised this one wasn’t in the Steepster database. The leaves are a mix of loosely curled and twisted darker green leaves and fuzzy white leaves. There are some broken pieces, not many and this is only a little sample size inside of a packet, so it’s probably in a bit better shape in the full size tin. Dry it has floral and chestnut notes. The floral notes aren’t like a jasmine, it’s obviously not added to the tea. It’s nice and light and not perfumey in any aspect. It’s reminds me a lot of Rishi’s Ancient Emerald Lily. The wet leaves smell more chestnut and slightly vegetal. The infusion in both smell and taste is a wonderful blend of the floral, chestnut, and vegetal notes, no one note overpowers the other(s). Delicious green tea I wouldn’t mind having everyday. Unfortunately one tin (1.41oz or 40g) costs $15. Rishi’s Ancient Emerald Lily is so similar to this and you get more tea for lower cost, I’m going to stick with Rishi.

I’m an avid tea drinker, it’s what I drink all day and why I’m here. I don’t sweeten my teas except for the occasional iced tea or cold-brewed tea. I typically brew my teas with a brew basket in a 12 oz cup. If I brew another way I will always note it.

Dislikes: black teas, milk flavored oolongs, hibiscus, red rooibos, licorice, dessert teas, mate, guayusa.

Loves: straight teas, especially Chinese green teas, sencha, jasmine, dan congs, mint, coconut.

My ratings are based mostly on the smiley faces. If a tea is of good quality but not to my taste preference I try not to rate it because I think that is unfair.

I drink a lot of the same teas and will not record every time I drink them. I log them the first time I try them and then again if I did something different and/or got different results.

I also try to keep my cupboard updated to what I actually have for those that wish to swap, although some of them are merely samples.

100 – http://steepster.com/teas/verdant-tea/32720-hand-rolled-top-grade-jasmine