Another one from the sampler pack. The leaves are dark green and have a wonderful vegetal aroma similar to spinach. The wet leaves have a higher aroma with notes of butter and brussel sprouts. I brewed this one in my 12oz mug, again being too lazy to brew gaiwan style.

I happened to be starting the computer up as I started to brew this and so I had left it brew for much too long making the first infusion very bitter. I added some honey hoping to make amends, but to no avail. But through the bitterness I could taste a nice creamy, buttery, vegetal green tea with hints of corn. I could tell this would have been an awesome tea had I not royally screwed it up.

So, I poured out the first infusion and made a second. Even after having the first one sit for at least 4 minutes the second infusion still had plenty of flavor in it! Here I could taste the wonderful creamy, vegetal green tea without any bitterness. The flavor was a bit muted simply because of the long steep time in the first time around.

This tea holds up surprisingly well, I bet you could get quite a few good infusions out of it…dare I say you could get 5??? Even through my mishap this still turned out to be really good.

Azzrian

I love Shang tea – need more in my stash! Someday I will have my stash all worked out to only my favorites – Shang WILL be in there – I am still having too much fun tramping around tea world.

Invader Zim

Same here, still doing a lot of sampling. Shang does have some really nice teas!

TeaBrat

Ha- that’s what I’ve been doing for the last year. There seem to be no shortage of new tea companies but I do have a few faves.

Comments

Azzrian

Invader Zim

TeaBrat

I’m an avid tea drinker, it’s what I drink all day and why I’m here. I don’t sweeten my teas except for the occasional iced tea or cold-brewed tea. I typically brew my teas with a brew basket in a 12 oz cup. If I brew another way I will always note it.

Dislikes: black teas, milk flavored oolongs, hibiscus, red rooibos, licorice, dessert teas, mate, guayusa.

Loves: straight teas, especially Chinese green teas, sencha, jasmine, dan congs, mint, coconut.

My ratings are based mostly on the smiley faces. If a tea is of good quality but not to my taste preference I try not to rate it because I think that is unfair.

I drink a lot of the same teas and will not record every time I drink them. I log them the first time I try them and then again if I did something different and/or got different results.

I also try to keep my cupboard updated to what I actually have for those that wish to swap, although some of them are merely samples.

100 – http://steepster.com/teas/verdant-tea/32720-hand-rolled-top-grade-jasmine