Backlogging from over the summer during my little break from writing tasting notes here.

The dry leaf was dark green and slightly curled with a scent that reminded me of my mom’s potpourri. I brewed it in a brew basket and a 12 oz Italian mug. The wet leaf was a nice vegetal scent consisting of sauteed spinach and asparagus. The infusion was a nice golden color and smelled predominantly of asparagus with a hint of a floral note.

The taste was a nice light asparagus with a subtle floral note that I couldn’t pinpoint with a texture that was slightly creamy like milk. I found no astringency or bitterness and it re-steeped well three times.

I’m an avid tea drinker, it’s what I drink all day and why I’m here. I don’t sweeten my teas except for the occasional iced tea or cold-brewed tea. I typically brew my teas with a brew basket in a 12 oz cup. If I brew another way I will always note it.

Dislikes: black teas, milk flavored oolongs, hibiscus, red rooibos, licorice, dessert teas, mate, guayusa.

Loves: straight teas, especially Chinese green teas, sencha, jasmine, dan congs, mint, coconut.

My ratings are based mostly on the smiley faces. If a tea is of good quality but not to my taste preference I try not to rate it because I think that is unfair.

I drink a lot of the same teas and will not record every time I drink them. I log them the first time I try them and then again if I did something different and/or got different results.

I also try to keep my cupboard updated to what I actually have for those that wish to swap, although some of them are merely samples.

100 – http://steepster.com/teas/verdant-tea/32720-hand-rolled-top-grade-jasmine