drank Dragonwell by DAVIDsTEA

This is my very first Dragonwell, and I’m not sure whether I should expect most other Dragonwells to taste like this or to try others. It’s quite vegetal, for which I don’t particularly care. I prefer toasty greens like genmaicha and hojicha, personally.

It also leaves a dry sensation on the tongue, kind of like what hibiscus does for me. The second steep is basically a slightly lighter version of the first. Not the flavour profile I’m looking for in a green.

CrowKettle

David’s Dragonwell is the driest I’ve come across by a big degree. I’m not sure this is a common trait.

Fjellrev

Weird, guess I shouldn’t write off Dragonwells entirely then. Have you tried Silk Road’s? Almost bought that one first instead.

OMGsrsly

I just got this the other day, but haven’t tried it yet. I really like the one Butiki uses, but I’ve only had theirs flavoured.

Fjellrev

I think I got some of her Grapefruit Dragon in our order? I’m curious how the base compares to this.

OMGsrsly

Butiki’s is like butter. I like this one, but the texture does not compare.

CrowKettle

I had Silk Road’s Dragonwell back in September. All I can recall about it is I liked it better than David’s, even though I flunked the steep and I got some bitterness from it. I don’t think I found it particularly buttery or sweet, but it was nutty and might of had a toasty element. Don’t take my word for that though.

Comments

CrowKettle

OMGsrsly

Butiki’s is like butter. I like this one, but the texture does not compare.