drank Sweet Nothings by Adagio Teas

I was able to grab the trio of Valentine’s Days tea on sale a few months after the holiday itself, and this was the tea I was least excited about. As far as I can tell, the base is the same white peony tea that is used in all of Adagio’s blends, so I was not particularly excited — I generally find these teas to have an almost indetectible amount of fruit taste, and the base itself tastes very unusual to me, in a bad way.

I enjoy this more than Adagio’s other flavored whites, fortunately. This is primarily because the flavoring is stronger, perhaps due to the fact that there are multiple additions (lavender pieces, apricot pieces, and peach flavor). It’s a pleasant combination, especially if you’re like me and love the way flowers and fruit tend to go together. Still, better than something I dislike doesn’t mean great, and the tea overall falls short due to the mediocre base. Don’t get me wrong, I do intend to finish this (especially since I don’t have any other whites at the moment) but it’s nothing special.

I’ve also noticed that the base becomes more prominent as the tea cools, which is really too bad — it might have made a nice summer iced tea!

The leaf is pretty, however!

KeenTeaThyme

To spruce up the flavor, try adding some green rooibos – either “plain” or the Adagio green rooibos bonita. I too am not a big fan of Adagio’s flavored white teas, but adding a little extra tea sweetness makes it easier to drink.

Adeline

Ooh, that sounds like a yummy combo! I’ll have to remember to get some green rooibos soon.

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

Adeline

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA