drank Cherry Almond Gunpowder by 52teas

I’m usually good at resisting 52teas’ quirky new flavors, but I had to buy this one the moment I found out about it — cherry and almond are some of my favorite flavors, and gunpowder is one of my favorite teas.

It’s a really lovely tea, full of almond slivers and entire dried cherries (although I’ve been pulling those apart so that I can get a bit of cherry in every cup — I wish they’d have come cut up!). The scent is also fantastic, a blend of each of the flavors that reminds me of almond extract to the point of being kind of overwhelming. I don’t mind, but people who aren’t fans of the way almonds smell will probably not want to indulge in the scent of this.

In taste, the almond isn’t overwhelming at all. The flavors really blend together well, and unless you understeep it, the gunpowder is the primary taste. It’s a lovely base, green and smoky and something that I’d happily drink on its own. Too bad this is a flavored tea — and the added flavoring is very subtle! I still enjoy it quite a bit, but I expected something a little bit stronger in flavor from a company like 52teas.

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA