While on vacation, I happened across a small store selling locally-made goods, including a few small bags of Always Summer Herbs’ teas. The others were things I expected to dislike, but I did pick up this one due to the cheap price.

The dry leaf smells very much like a Laffy Taffy: sweet, fake banana. Not a bad scent, but definitely not something that I particularly want to have as a tea. Oddly, however, the liquor has no such smell, instead just reminding me of a generic, dull black tea.

As I sip it, I wish that it had captured that Laffy Taffy smell in the taste, because what it turned out to be is much more disappointing. For the most part, it just tastes metallic, although there’s a very light touch of raspberry and banana, in both the sipping and the aftertaste. Very disappointing, I’m glad this was only an ounce.

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA