drank Asian Mint by TeaFrog

I recently bought an envelope of tea samples from Amanda and have tasted several, but this is the first one I’m finishing so it’s the first one I’m reviewing. The dry leaf smells fabulously minty, with a small but still noticeable hint of the gunpowder and ceylon. It’s really nice, I’d love to have this scent as a body wash! For the most part it looks like a collection of very small (mostly green) pieces, but as it steeps the gunpowder does unfurl. I’m not sure if it’s the relative size of the gunpowder, but it looks like there’s not much ceylon in comparison.

Taking the first sip… yes, this is unsurprisingly a primarily mint taste! Great news for me, a mint lover. There’s a smoky green edge to it, though, and it really harmonizes with the sweeter tones of the peppermint. I’m not really getting any ceylon flavor, but I’d wager that it’s there to increase the complexity of the taste rather than to make it seem more like a black tea. This blend is most certainly more complex and interesting than the gunpowder and mint blends that I’ve thrown together myself!

A lovely twist on Moroccan mint tea, this blend is a winner!

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA