I’ve been hoping to try 52teas’ famous Danish blends for a while now, so I was glad to get this in a pack of samples from a Steepster member!

With such an exciting name, the dry leaf is pretty basic in appearance and scent: it’s decorated with a few whole blueberries, and smells like any other black tea with only a vague hint of any additions. But as soon as it hits the water, a much stronger and more promising scent is released, one that is definitely reminiscent of a blueberry pastry.

I take a sip and… nothing special. The taste reflects the initial scent, mostly black tea with a tiny hint of berries. But many Steepster members recommend an addition of milk and sugar, and given how I tend to prefer drinking dessert teas, I don’t think that needing to add things says anything bad about the tea.

A splash of milk and a generous pinch of sugar is definitely an improvement! The pastry taste comes out much more; it’s not accurate enough to fool anybody but it’s definitely a nice flavor. Unfortunately, the milk covers up the berry taste, which I imagine could have been fixed if there had been twice as many berries in it. As for the cream cheese? Well, the milk definitely provides a creamy taste that isn’t dissimilar to cheese, but I feel like that has less to do with the tea’s flavor and more to do with the milk being, well, milk.

It’s a pleasant taste overall, but an accurate representation of a blueberry cream cheese danish this isn’t. However, more berries would have made this stand out from other 52teas baked good blends.

Ninavampi

This is one of my favorites! Too bad that you didn’t fall in love with it like I did! There is a tea for everyone!

Lindsey

This review is almost exactly how I feel about this tea! It’s like I have to choose between a just a black tea with hint of blueberry (plain) or a danish tea with no berry whatsoever (with milk). I just wish I could taste both at the same time.

Comments

Ninavampi

Lindsey

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA