I just can’t resist loose leaf or pyramid bags in new flavors when I see them in physical stores, so when I found a box of this at Marshall’s it was an obvious buy.

The first thing I noticed was a rather small amount of tea in each bag. While this makes it easier for one to get the exact amount of tea desired steeping, it still feels like kind of a rip-off, especially considering how unnecessarily large the bags each sachet is packaged in are. The smell is also quite distinct: strongly lemon, similar to a lemon candy rather than cleaning supplies. There are several large chunks of lemon peel in each sachet, so it’s not just added flavoring.

The liquor is a nice golden-green and similar in scent to the dry leaf, although the aroma of the green tea base is more obvious. And pleasantly enough, the taste follows suit. It’s not incredibly strong — you’ll definitely want to use two sachets unless you are using a very small cup or prefer a very subtle taste. Nonetheless there’s a nice balance between the base and the flavoring, with the candy-esque lemon and the grassy green tea surprisingly harmonious. It’s a tad astringent, and there’s even a little bit of lemon aftertaste.

Highly recommended if you want a simple and inexpensive flavored green tea and happen to see it!

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA