This is a chai for people who don’t like traditional chais, or at least that’s my impression. The blend of spices is quite different from what I’m used to in chai and much more pleasing to my taste buds than I expected, and I am quite fond of the type and amount of sugar that Teavana has placed in the sample packet (although I do understand why it is irritating to some people). Very nice; it’s times like this that I wish Teavana was cheaper, because I can easily see this becoming a comfort tea.

teataku

I’m glad somebody likes this version of chai. It’s got too much anise in it for me, which is pretty much one of my least favorite flavors. I guess that makes me more of a traditional chai person. :)

Adeline

It’s funny, because I don’t usually like anise! Maybe I can just drink anything as long as it has enough sugar. :>

Comments

teataku

Adeline

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA