You’ll need to really force the flavor out of this one. I have to use two tea bags in a ~8oz mug to get any taste at all, and even then a very long steep is required for it to not seem like mildly flavored hot water. There’s not much reward for this effort, either: despite a strong cookie-like smell, this doesn’t taste very authentic. Sure, the flavor falls somewhat in the arena of cookies (with a notable hint of orange), but it’s missing any kind of wow factor. You’d be much better off just having some actual sugar cookies with your tea.

I made the mistake of expecting a lot from this tea; since I’m a huge fan of Candy Cane Lane, I thought Celestial Seasonings’ other holiday offerings might be of a similarly unusually high quality. Unfortunately, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride is completely underwhelming.

teataku

I kind of found that too. This one is definitely “meh.”

Comments

teataku

I kind of found that too. This one is definitely “meh.”

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA