drank Earl Grey Creme by Teavana

To me, this is a tea for blending: by itself, it just makes me wrinkle my nose, but it makes an interesting addition to some of my other teas. This time, I added a pinch to my second steeping of Teavana’s MateVana and found the combination pleasant, though I can’t say exactly why.

lychee

I will have to try blending this! To me, this by itself is one of my all-time favorites. (But I’m a huge fan of earl greys so I’m probably biased.)

Adeline

A lot of people seem to really love this one, so I wonder if earl grey just isn’t my thing. But I don’t know, I don’t think I’ve had any others aside from cheap dining hall teabags. I imagine it’s even better blended if you like it by itself!

Rebecca

I know this tasting is old, but I just wanted to add that Earl Grey is totally an acquired taste, in my humble opinion. It’s sort of like people who develop a taste for coffee. Earl Grey tends to be the “learned taste” of the tea world.

That being said, I think this particular Earl Grey is amazing when blended. I just made a blend of this with another Teavana tea (the Zingiber Ginger Coconut) and a little coconut milk and it is amazing. I also enjoy this Earl Grey very much as part of an iced tea mix. It adds just enough of that “tea” flavor but doesn’t overpower the fruity herbals I use to make iced tea.

Comments

lychee

Adeline

Rebecca

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA