The scent of this one is promising: distinctly rose, without being overwhelmingly perfumy. It’s one of those teas where if you could drink the smell, it would be perfect. The true taste, however, is a disappointment: the black base is weak and unremarkable, and the rose flavoring is hard to detect. It’s simply not very interesting. The label suggests sweetening it, and I quite agree that it’s an improvement that brings out the rose taste… though I wish I could enjoy it just as much without sweetener.

That said, I’m a huge fan of the scent and taste of roses, so I can’t hate this too much. My mission when I picked it up was to make sure that I had at least one rose tea around, and in that sense it succeeded. It’s very much drinkable and I’m sure other fans of rose tea will find it satisfactory, but there are certainly better options on the market.

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA