drank Mulled Wine by Joy's Teaspoon

My third sample! I should probably start this out by saying that I don’t really drink alcohol and thus have no idea what mulled wine is supposed to taste like. But I like the IDEA of mulled wine and the combination of flavors here sounded good, so I figured it was worth a try.

And… wow! I’ve always said that I’d drink more if booze didn’t taste so much like alcohol (and I’m sure some doesn’t, but I’m in college and here, booze means cheap beer). This blend doesn’t really smell or taste like tea at all, and not just in the obvious sense of it being a tisane — I would assume it was hot juice if I didn’t know any better.

As for how I’d describe the taste: super fruity, tart, and just a tad spicy. It makes me pucker my lips a bit, but I like that. This is a drink with presence. I was a little bit doubtful about how much I’d enjoy this one, but I’m in love and I wish I had more than two or so more cups’ worth so I could spend my entire winter with this. (And yes, this is very much a fall/winter tisane. I can’t imagine drinking it iced or during warm months.)

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA