After seeing all of the good reviews for this, I was happy to be able to find it in Target. I totally see what all of the fuss is about! It’s a lovely holiday tea with an incredibly attractive price tag. It doesn’t particularly remind me of a candy cane, but it’s very minty nonetheless and that’s enough to satisfy me. Vanilla is a secondary taste that makes a nice subtle addition, and as it steeps far past what is probably the recommended time, the cinnamon comes out more and more. This is labeled as a Christmas tea, but I’m sure I could enjoy it all year ’round!

The only complaint I have is that the peppermint reminds me of peppermint extract, including that weird bite it has. I’m not sure what could have been done to tone that effect down — less peppermint? more vanilla? a different method of flavoring? — but it can get annoying. A longer steep does help to bring out the other flavors and thus cover up the peppermint, but it could still be better.

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA