This is a nice little blend, sweet but tart. It might not be a traditional approach to Christmas, but the combination of spices nonetheless provides a nice warmth in the cold of winter. Weirdly, even though there’s nothing resembling caramel in here, that’s one thing it makes me think of — I wish I had some caramel tea so I could try out the combo!

Unfortunately, there’s also a weird, bitter undertone, kind of like licorice jelly beans that REALLY kills the taste for me unless I try very hard to ignore it. I suspect it’s the star anise, so I’m going to see if taking that out will improve the flavor. If not, I guess this isn’t right for me — but I’m sure there are others to whom that would appeal, and to them I recommend this tisane wholeheartedly.

Quick summary of ratings:

90s: Outstanding, I always want to have some of this on hand (though I really can’t afford having all of my favorite all of the time, haha)!
80s: Very good, there are some minor improvements I would make but overall I love it.
70s: Good, I might buy myself more of this someday but it’s not a priority.
60s: All right, I’m glad I got to give this a try but when it’s gone it’s gone.
50s: Not so great, I can drink this when I just really want tea.
40s and below: Various levels of dislike to hate. It just depends on how gross I think it is.

USA