It’s a never ending cycle… at least until I’ve figured it out. Currently it’s ‘feel bad all day’ because I haven’t had tea, and/or ‘feel bad at night’ because I can’t sleep because I had tea too late. lol

I still can’t figure out if I like this one or not. I made a few mugs over the weekend, and two pots today. It SMELLS like chocolate- like the faint whiff you might get if someone at the next table was enjoying a hot chocolate. But it doesn’t taste like chocolate. I kind of wish it smelt like when you’re baking brownies and that lovely chocolate smell fills the kitchen. I wonder if there are any teas like that.

Fair enough, I feel like the first steep of this tea always tastes burnt, even if I leave it in for something like 20 sec. I’m probably doing it wrong, which is sad because I have an entire tin of the stuff. The other steeps are like ‘what is this? I don’t know. What does it taste like? Ummm….". I don’t get the mango, I don’t get the vanilla, I do get the black tea. Maybe I need to rinse the leaves in cold water first?

On the other hand it smells delicious while it’s brewing. And the leaves look soo pretty after you drain them.

205 °F / 96 °C

I get easily excited and tend to get into the habit of collecting things I get really really excited about- books, fountain pens, fragrance, tea and any number of things. Mostly I’m just really excitable.

I started really branching out into the world of different teas recently. Grew up with greens and oolongs, but am dipping into others slowly but surely.

My name is Christina, but there’s also another Christina with a cat as a profile picture, so I go by Flyawaybirdie.

Feel free to drop me a message anytime. I love messages/letters/etc.

California, USA