UGh, I’m sure I need to try this one again because I kind of made it and didn’t sit to enjoy it like I do my other teas. I got not much flavor profile and mostly other sensory profile during this first impression, but I do have a whole box of this stuff so I can try it again.

This was such a miserable week for me, and I made this yesterday when I came home. I was frustrated, grumpy and sad. Mostly I needed something to calm me down, and since I had finished off the last of the Tazo Calm (and I haven’t seen a sale recently), which is my usual standby, I tried this one because I wasn’t in the mood for straight camomile and dealing with flower heads in my tea cup.

I don’t like it as much as Tazo Calm. It sleeps much more herbally, and reminds me of the Badger Sleep Balm if you’ve ever tried that. It’s also got a lot less inherent sweet than the Tazo version. BUT it is much lighter on the wallet and it did force me to calm down. I do mean force, it’s quite strong I think. I only had two small tea cups before I really didn’t want it anymore, and that wasn’t because it tasted bad. It does taste not too appealing cold.

I do know that I don’t like the packaging. I just prefer tea bags that are individually wrapped I think. Honestly I thought the tea bags stuffed in another bag and sealed with resealable glue… was a Trader Joe’s thing because I had never seen another company do it. I think it kind of takes out the portability of the teabag, which is why I still buy tea bags from time to time. This seems like it won’t keep the tea fresh for very long at all, and I don’t think I’m going to go through this THAT quickly. I suppose that’s one way of keeping the costs down though from company perspective.

carol who

I combined the Sleepytime with a vanilla I had around. I actually have no idea what brand the vanilla is. One of those thing you throw in a nice tea tin and stupidly write vanilla and swear to your self you’ll remember what it was. Duh! But it helps make it much more interesting. My vanilla is a loose leaf and the Sleepytime is a bag. I throw both of them in the brewing basket together and it works out fine for me.

Flyawaybirdie

Haha, when I started reading your comment I thought you meant vanilla extract, and then I had to go back and read it again. I don’t think I have any straight JUST vanilla flavored teas, the closest I have is probably an earl grey cream. I did pick up Sleepytime Vanilla when I picked up the Sleepytime though and I’ll try that another day.

Comments

carol who

Flyawaybirdie

I get easily excited and tend to get into the habit of collecting things I get really really excited about- books, fountain pens, fragrance, tea and any number of things. Mostly I’m just really excitable.

I started really branching out into the world of different teas recently. Grew up with greens and oolongs, but am dipping into others slowly but surely.

My name is Christina, but there’s also another Christina with a cat as a profile picture, so I go by Flyawaybirdie.

Feel free to drop me a message anytime. I love messages/letters/etc.

California, USA