drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

I had high hopes for this tea. I just can’t resist anything pumpkin flavored, especially around this time of year, and spiced chais are my favorite teas. The smell of the dry leaves is divine. Spicy, pumpkin-y, slightly vegetal, and with cute little orange pumpkin sprinkles. The steeped tea smelled only of pepper, however.

I added turbinado sugar and milk and had a taste. Hm. First impressions: Verrry bland, no hint of spice. However, it DOES taste like real pumpkin and has a slight creaminess, but no real backbone. Overall, I’m not impressed. This is also the first tea I’ve tried that does not really go well with turbinado sugar. Brown sugar would probably be much tastier, and I think adding cream would help give it some body.

I will try this again, probably steeping much longer than the 4 minutes I gave it and adding more tea than the suggested 1.5 tsp per cup. I might also try steeping it in milk on the stove, and hopefully that adds some flavor and richness. I’m not giving up on this tea that easily!

Introverted old soul, Nerdfighter, feminist, fashion student, vegetarian, and consumer of all things pop culture. I obsess over literature, music, movies, TV series, & belong to more fandoms than I can count.

I live for spicy chais and robust black teas.

Atlanta, GA, USA