There’s no mistaking what flavor this tea is supposed to be. It smells exactly like root beer: spicy, malty, and creamy. The dry leaves have an overwhelmingly sweet aroma from the vanilla, but the cinnamon still comes through. The steeped tea smells exactly the same, with a hint white chocolate. Unfortunately, it doesn’t taste as flavorful or dynamic as it smells. I found this tea to be quite weak even though I used 2 tsp per 8oz of water.

Sweetener is definitely necessary to achieve that true root beer float flavor and to ease the slightly bitter aftertaste. I also added a bit of milk as I always do with flavored black teas. I found myself enjoying my cup even more as it cooled some, so I’m going to try this iced next.

Introverted old soul, Nerdfighter, feminist, fashion student, vegetarian, and consumer of all things pop culture. I obsess over literature, music, movies, TV series, & belong to more fandoms than I can count.

I live for spicy chais and robust black teas.

Atlanta, GA, USA