drank Indian Summer by DAVIDsTEA

Okay, the dry leaves smell like candy. My sister and I decided on either Sour Patch Watermelons or Sour Punch Straws. Anyway, I couldn’t stop smelling them.

This was a sample included in my order. I’m not generally a fan of white teas. They’re usually too weak [if flavored] or vegetal [if unflavored] for me. But in the name of clearing out my stash, I decided to just brew the whole sample up (made two strong cups).

At first I primarily tasted the lemongrass and hibiscus. As it cooled, the watermelon became the primary flavor, which really popped after I added sugar. I suppose the other fruit flavors were there, but they all kind of converged into a syrupy, fruity flavored tea. If anything, I could only detect the apple and cherry, none of the berry, and especially not the pumpkin or carrot.

I’m not sure actually how much white tea was in this, as it was pretty undetectable to me. Overall, I don’t know what the primary flavor of this actually IS. It’s probably better iced as a sort of agua fresca. Overall, I didn’t dislike it, but I don’t care for it enough to buy some more, hence the lack of rating.

Introverted old soul, Nerdfighter, feminist, fashion student, vegetarian, and consumer of all things pop culture. I obsess over literature, music, movies, TV series, & belong to more fandoms than I can count.

I live for spicy chais and robust black teas.

Atlanta, GA, USA