drank Almond Chai by Twinings

Received my Twinings samples in the mail and since I’m running fairly low on loose leaf altogether and am almost completely out of my go-to morning teas, I gave this a try. I guess that’s life as an unemployed college student who’s just finished Christmas shopping for friends & family. Ah well. This tea kind of makes up for it!

A lot better than I expected from a bagged tea, but I see that’s a trend with Twinings. I definitely taste the almond, sweet with a bit of a floral note, and extremely fragrant. I don’t really taste any spice or much of the black tea base, just the almond. It’s getting a bit astringent as I reach the bottom of my cup, but I quite like it. Not bad at all.

ashmanra

I need to drink this one today! My daughter ordered it as one of her samples but then decided not to drink it because she loves almond but not amaretto and she was afraid it would taste like the latter. If you think it is strongly almond and not amaretto, I might save it for her.

Lauren

Yes, very almond-y. Almost like marzipan

Comments

ashmanra

Lauren

Yes, very almond-y. Almost like marzipan

Introverted old soul, Nerdfighter, feminist, fashion student, vegetarian, and consumer of all things pop culture. I obsess over literature, music, movies, TV series, & belong to more fandoms than I can count.

I live for spicy chais and robust black teas.

Atlanta, GA, USA