I will start off by saying that this is a very enjoyable bagged green. I know I enjoy it, but I’m not giving it a rating right now (read below).

I’m in Port St. Lucie for today and tomorrow with my boyfriend, who is here for a business trip. I’m just hanging out with him and decided to brew up a cup of this because I don’t have access to my loose tea stash (and I have a ton of bagged tea to go through). I took a sip of this and it was AWFUL. I couldn’t exactly put my finger on it.

And then I figured it out – the water quality here is not that great. Blehhhhh. Oh well, I’m only here for a couple days, but it’s amazing how much poor water quality can affect a tea. Maybe I’ll go pull out some bottled water, although it is a pain to make it without all my comforts from home.

Terri HarpLady

Regarding water quality: Once I was on tour & played in Garden City, KS. That town is built in the middle of the beef packing industry, so the air is full of the dust of bone meal, the water is so full of collagen that everyone has great hair, nails, & bone density. I brewed a cup of tea, & it was slick & thick, kind of like warm jello. It was disgusting! Luckily, I wasn’t there long…

Helena

yep bad water can make very bad tea. I was at a restaurant and they got the tea water from the same place as the coffee water so the tea had coffee aftertaste which might not matter to coffee/ex-coffee drinkers but to a tea only person it was disgusting :D

Babble

@Terri – Ick, that doesn’t sound like a fun way to enjoy tea.

@Helena – Ugh, I can only imagine how gross that was. Amazing what a difference good water can make.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Helena

Babble

@Terri – Ick, that doesn’t sound like a fun way to enjoy tea.

So the short story is, a few years ago I was VERY MUCH into tea. And then a lot of things happened, and I got out of tea for a while. And now, I’m back.

To me, tea is the missing puzzle piece for my healthy lifestyle. When I drink tea I am encouraged to eat healthy and be active. I drink tea because I simply enjoy the taste, but the health aspects are just an added bonus.

I love all types of teas, although greens and oolongs tend to be my favorite. I also love a good herbal.

Unless otherwise stated, I drink my teas straight. To brew I either use my ingenuiTEA or T-Sac (for teas that don’t expand much). One of these days I might break down and buy a Breville, but I’m trying to resist..

I’m kinda strict when rating my teas. I rarely give a tea above a 95. Teas that I really like I keep in the 95-85 category. I’ve yet to give a tea 100 yet. So, if you see a tea about 95, that means I thought it was an amazing tea!

Florida, United States