Thanks Numi for this tea. I actually won a couple sample boxes in a contest – so yay!

Now onto the tea. My stomach was bothering me, so I thought I would break into this tea. I know mint and pu-erh can be good for a stomach. Brewing a tea bag is always a little bit of a letdown when you’ve been brewing loose tea for so long. ;)

I was really expecting this tea to be very minty with a hint of a pu-erh, but HOLY COW – the pu-erh is strong with this one. They don’t skimp out here. The pu-erh flavor is very prominent and the mint and basil are much harder to taste. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I don’t know if it’s the best starter pu-erh, either.

I do have to give Numi props, though. It would be so each to just slap a few pu-erh leaves in something, surround it with overpowering flavors, and call it pu-erh just to attract the Dr. Oz-ers, but this is really pu-erh. I can see if someone likes this, they could move onto the unflavored pu-erhs very easily.

Very interesting, Numi ;)

Nik

Could be a Numi thing. I recently had their chocolate-and-dirt Chocolate Pu-erh and also noticed that the pu-erh was very pu-erh-y. =)

Comments

Nik

So the short story is, a few years ago I was VERY MUCH into tea. And then a lot of things happened, and I got out of tea for a while. And now, I’m back.

To me, tea is the missing puzzle piece for my healthy lifestyle. When I drink tea I am encouraged to eat healthy and be active. I drink tea because I simply enjoy the taste, but the health aspects are just an added bonus.

I love all types of teas, although greens and oolongs tend to be my favorite. I also love a good herbal.

Unless otherwise stated, I drink my teas straight. To brew I either use my ingenuiTEA or T-Sac (for teas that don’t expand much). One of these days I might break down and buy a Breville, but I’m trying to resist..

I’m kinda strict when rating my teas. I rarely give a tea above a 95. Teas that I really like I keep in the 95-85 category. I’ve yet to give a tea 100 yet. So, if you see a tea about 95, that means I thought it was an amazing tea!

Florida, United States