drank Jasmine Pu-erh by Numi Organic Tea

For a mid-afternoon snack, I decided to have an odd combination today – pineapple and pu-erh tea. Just like the ancients, did, right?

This is another one of my free teas, so thanks Numi. Once again it’s a very strong pu-erh taste and not a whole lot of jasmine, although I can definitely taste it at it cools. The problem with jasmine, and with this tea, is that it gives it more of a “soapy” taste sometimes. Does anyone else find that with jasmine? Or maybe it’s just me.

Also surprised to find that a record did not exist for this. I had to create one. There WAS one for the actual brewed drink, though, oddly enough.

ashmanra

That sounds really tasty to me right now!

ashmanra

Oh, I mean pineapple and puerh, not soapy tea! Bad jasmine is soapy to me, but I love Teavivre’s jasmines…all of them!

Kittenna

I think someone said that the soapy flavour had something to do with the tea being flavoured with oils instead of by layering with jasmine blossoms (which is how good jasmines are flavoured)? Or something to that effect :)

Comments

ashmanra

That sounds really tasty to me right now!

Kittenna

So the short story is, a few years ago I was VERY MUCH into tea. And then a lot of things happened, and I got out of tea for a while. And now, I’m back.

To me, tea is the missing puzzle piece for my healthy lifestyle. When I drink tea I am encouraged to eat healthy and be active. I drink tea because I simply enjoy the taste, but the health aspects are just an added bonus.

I love all types of teas, although greens and oolongs tend to be my favorite. I also love a good herbal.

Unless otherwise stated, I drink my teas straight. To brew I either use my ingenuiTEA or T-Sac (for teas that don’t expand much). One of these days I might break down and buy a Breville, but I’m trying to resist..

I’m kinda strict when rating my teas. I rarely give a tea above a 95. Teas that I really like I keep in the 95-85 category. I’ve yet to give a tea 100 yet. So, if you see a tea about 95, that means I thought it was an amazing tea!

Florida, United States