drank Sakura Allure by Teavana

Originally I wasn’t going to order anything from Teavana, but then I made the mistake of looking at their sale and seeing their awesome prices. And then I caved. My order is still in processing (and I’m still waiting on an e-mail from them). This tea is not from this order.

I thought I had ordered this tea, but I looked at my receipt and saw that I didn’t. I was NOT going to go to the mall, but I really wanted this tea, and customer service was not answering. So, I called up my local Teavana to ask if they still had this tea in stock. Sure enough, they did (and lots of it), so hi-ho to Teavana I go. I probably could have picked up some other teas had I just waited, but eh. Here’s hoping my order ships all right because a few of the teas aren’t even showing up anymore.

I also wanted to go to Teavana because I bought a Yixing mug on black friday at 40%. It was discounted to 50% the day after Christmas, and I wanted to get a price adjustment since I was in my return window. Well, I learned that you can’t return sale items (boo). But the manager took pity on me and gave me free tea (yay!).

I almost didn’t pick this tea up at all. So many of this on sale teas had mixed reviews. This one got not so bad reviews. I was warned that this does not have a strong green tea flavor and I will repeat – it does NOT have a strong green tea flavor. I can’t taste any tea at all. The hibiscus is strong with this one, and it’s definitely a fruity tea. It’s a good tea for people who don’t like tea, but from reading the other reviews it also appears kinda finicky. I bet this would be a really good iced tea. I hot brewed this, but maybe next time I should cold brew it.

It’s not overly tart, though, which is nice. I’ll give it a somewhat higher score and cold brew it and see what I think later..

Ze_Teamaker

I really do like this one iced. It is kinda like cranberry juice minus all the sugar.

I know what you mean by the sales they have going. The tiger cast iron pot I have been looking at for a while now is half off, but I don’t have the cash for it. BOOOOO. I am just worried it will be sold out and then I can never buy it. I can’t seem to find it sold anywhere else on the internet.

Babble

I think your description of “cranberry juice minus the sugar” is spot on. And yeah, I think I will be icing this one from here on out.

Have you checked World Market at all? They have some very affordable cast iron pots!

Ze_Teamaker

True they do, but it is the tiger design that I adore; I really like tigers….

Autumn Hearth

But it’s not a return, it’s a price adjustment. Grr!

Babble

Should they have been able to do it? The manager said that it couldn’t be done. I also forgot to mention this was an online order, but it DOES say I can return it in store too.

Comments

Ze_Teamaker

Ze_Teamaker

True they do, but it is the tiger design that I adore; I really like tigers….

Autumn Hearth

But it’s not a return, it’s a price adjustment. Grr!

Babble

So the short story is, a few years ago I was VERY MUCH into tea. And then a lot of things happened, and I got out of tea for a while. And now, I’m back.

To me, tea is the missing puzzle piece for my healthy lifestyle. When I drink tea I am encouraged to eat healthy and be active. I drink tea because I simply enjoy the taste, but the health aspects are just an added bonus.

I love all types of teas, although greens and oolongs tend to be my favorite. I also love a good herbal.

Unless otherwise stated, I drink my teas straight. To brew I either use my ingenuiTEA or T-Sac (for teas that don’t expand much). One of these days I might break down and buy a Breville, but I’m trying to resist..

I’m kinda strict when rating my teas. I rarely give a tea above a 95. Teas that I really like I keep in the 95-85 category. I’ve yet to give a tea 100 yet. So, if you see a tea about 95, that means I thought it was an amazing tea!

Florida, United States