drank Riesling by Joy's Teaspoon

So far this is my favorite from the Joy’s Teaspoon sampler I got it. The smell of this tea is intoxicating and fruity! Even though I steeped it in boiling water because I didn’t remember it was a white tea (I was too lazy to look up steeping directions on the website), it was still very yummy! The base tasted to me like a buttery green tea. The fruity tones were very prominent, maybe a little more raisin rather than grape. It was a little dry feeling in the mouth, but that works if you’re trying to imitate a wine. I have just enough for one more cup at a lower temperature steep on another day. I’ll look forward to that.

innnnnteressssting!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I was actually really surprised at how much it did taste like riesling! I was expecting it to just taste like raisins or something.

Awesome :) joys is on my list for oneof these days

Comments

innnnnteressssting!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Awesome :) joys is on my list for oneof these days

I run, I sing, I drink tea. That’s the best description I have of me.

I’ve always enjoyed tea, but have just started trying out a lot more loose teas and varied brands. I’m really excited about a site like steepster so I can read about what people think about different teas.

Oh and I really hate Lipton tea. There’s something just awful about it and I can’t understand why nearly every local diner only has Lipton.

Also I’m on the search for a full-bodied, fruity blackberry tea. So if you have any suggestions feel free to throw them my way! :-)

Staten Island, NY