I got distracted by a patient asking me a question in the waiting area as I was filling my cup and I put cold water in my mug instead of hot. I dunked my tea ball in before I noticed that the mug wasn’t warm. I ended up cold-steeping it for 45 minutes. Pretty weak this way. I taste pineapple and definitely cilantro. It’s a little bitter for my tastes.

Thanks, Shelley_Lorraine for this tea!

EDIT:
Hot-steeped it after drinking the cold steep. Less bitter, less cilantro, more pineapple and creamier. I like it better this way, but still probably not going to be a favorite of mine.

I run, I sing, I drink tea. That’s the best description I have of me.

I’ve always enjoyed tea, but have just started trying out a lot more loose teas and varied brands. I’m really excited about a site like steepster so I can read about what people think about different teas.

Oh and I really hate Lipton tea. There’s something just awful about it and I can’t understand why nearly every local diner only has Lipton.

Also I’m on the search for a full-bodied, fruity blackberry tea. So if you have any suggestions feel free to throw them my way! :-)

Staten Island, NY