Thanks, Nicole Martin, for this tea!

It seems that in the last couple of days I am doomed to oversteep. I get so distracted. Ah well! I will reserve my rating until I can try this again with a proper steep time.

The roasted flavor is VERY strong and I’m glad I only have the light roast! I imagine the dark roast might be like charcoal. There is also a very bright citric note that weirdly reminds me of darjeeling.
Additionally there is a creamy, nutty note that is really pleasant.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve been thinking about getting one, but the last thing I need at work between the phone and checking in a crazy amount of patients is another thing beeping for my attention. Maybe I’ll have to try it one of these days.

Nicole Martin

I have a timer from Tavalon that uses hour glasses. There is one for 3 minutes and one for 5 minutes which should cover most teas, no beeping needed :)

Thanks, Nicole!

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Nicole Martin

Thanks, Nicole!

I run, I sing, I drink tea. That’s the best description I have of me.

I’ve always enjoyed tea, but have just started trying out a lot more loose teas and varied brands. I’m really excited about a site like steepster so I can read about what people think about different teas.

Oh and I really hate Lipton tea. There’s something just awful about it and I can’t understand why nearly every local diner only has Lipton.

Also I’m on the search for a full-bodied, fruity blackberry tea. So if you have any suggestions feel free to throw them my way! :-)

Staten Island, NY