My first tasting note on Steepster – yay!

I haven’t been a loose-leaf tea drinker for very long, but one of my favouritest teas for a long time has been Twining’s Lady Grey. When I found this Baroness Grey loose leaf tea, I thought I’d give it a try. It was very reasonably priced and I didn’t have much to lose.

When I got my tea in the mail, this was the first bag I pulled out. I was disappointed at the initial smell, which was rather bitter and astringent. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I brewed it! Drinking it without milk and sugar, I found the bergamot to be a little bit overwhelming, but with milk and sugar it mellowed out a lot and became very smooth. I found this tea to be fairly similar to the Twinings variety, but without the “Froot Loops”-esque aftertaste I sometimes get with that one. As the tea cooled, I found the lemon became much more pronounced (and even overbearing) for the last few dregs.

I brewed 1.5 tsp for 5 minutes and it came out a tad weak – I will brew it longer next time.