drank Sencha Jade Reserve by Teavana

This is a very summery green tasting sencha. It has a nice vegetal aroma, but the taste is a balance of grassy and a collard green like vegetal. However, there is a little bit of bitterness to it, but it’s energizing as well. Overall I do like it quite a bit and it has a very healthful feel to it. However, as with just about anything Teavana, you could get better, cheaper elsewhere.

Oh, and on a side note plain tart frozen yogurt bring out the flavor any decent sencha and makes it taste that much better. Yummmm!

Tea has always been my favorite beverage, even though I did get addicted to the buzz from the coffee high. This became more true as good quality coffee became easier to come by, while tea for the most part was regulated to the crushed bag varieties. So, even though I preferred the flavor of tea, I would consume a couple of cups of coffe every morning and reserved tea for the weekends. Fortunately, I found loose leaf teas at Whole Foods and discovered the taste and freshness of whole leaf teas. My favorites tend to be a Sencha and Assam.

Texas