drank Rouge Bourbon by Mariage Frères

PIcked this one for an evening wind-down. The vanilla is there, but more subtly than my currently favorite red/vanilla combo (Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Red). Still a good selection, but when I’m craving vanilla, it’s usually because I need a sweetness buzz.

Score one, Cheapster Steepsters, for the superiority of a less expensive alternative.

TeaBrat

I got some of the Madagascar Red today, it’s good!

cteresa

I know what you mean. I think they should just cut the vanilla from the description of this, for me, this counts as plain rooibos. This blend is not for the vanilla to shine, it´s for people who love plain rooibos (yes, we exist, though the rooibos quality better be good) and have the vanilla just bring out the rooibos-ness of it. It´s subtle vanilla, hardly there – is like they always put some vanilla in chocolate but you never notice is there.

Comments

TeaBrat

I got some of the Madagascar Red today, it’s good!

cteresa