First, my humble and apologetic thanks to the donor of this one…I think it was teaequalsbliss, but if it wasn’t, the rest of you know l love you anyway, yes?

Second, I am a Midwestern farm kid with a very plebian spice repertoire. I will publicly admit I don’t have a clue what saffron’s supposed to taste like.

And finally, the tea itself (you were just holding your collective breath waiting for my pronouncement, I’m sure): It was bitter. I hit exactly the middle range on time (2:30), with water boiling as advised, and it put wrinkles in my tongue. But—and you may have experienced this—I still got a sense that the base itself was pretty good black tea. Dropped in a sugar cube and re-evaluated. Improved marginally to “formerly bitter black tea that now has a little bit of a metallic thing going on.”

I hate not having wonderful things to say about a tea, but that’s what this whole forum experience is about.

TeaEqualsBliss

Yeah! This was a very different tea :) I have many more bags left! LOL

Angrboda

I haven’t been able to identify a specific saffron flavour yet either. The boyfriend can smell it from far away if I’ve added a pinch to the pot at dinner, though.

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Yeah! This was a very different tea :) I have many more bags left! LOL