Just enough for one last pot; it’s still a good breakfast tea, but in the greater and grander scheme of things, it had a pretty narrow “sweet spot” range; Assams should be un-ruinable.

Regardless, the image of a stout and brawny gentleman facing his fisticuffiant opponent with chin up and elbows in fits the morning - writing about helping children deal with fears and phobias today.

Change of topic and blatant mewl for input: moms and dads, what are some unusual (or annoying) childhood fears that drove (or are driving) you a little nuts?

K S

Flying monkeys! and spiders but that’s a bit common.

gmathis

Flying monkeys aren’t. May they stay in Oz where they belong :)

ashmanra

Clowns. I have problems with clowns. My kids feel the same way.

JacquelineM

ashmanra’s comment made me remember the fear I have of anyone dressed as a character in a big costume. This first happened to me on the seashore boardwalk when someone was dressed as Mr. Peanut!

My mother said I broke away from her and RAN down the boardwalk and no one could catch me! They had to call the boardwalk security and have them look for me! (I was maybe 4?). I am still extremely uneasy around this sort of thing. Disney world was hell!

Comments

K S

Flying monkeys! and spiders but that’s a bit common.

gmathis

Flying monkeys aren’t. May they stay in Oz where they belong :)

ashmanra

Clowns. I have problems with clowns. My kids feel the same way.

JacquelineM