After a week of high-intensity, minimal-sleep geriatric caregiving away from home, I am a puddle o’nothing. Found this for just over a buck an ounce at local health food hangout. And if Wikipedia is right (tulsi is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body, and helpful for adapting to stress), and if this even hints at being effective, I shall buy it by the pound.

I expected it to be a little bitter, especially after noting the bronzey-green color after a five minute steep. Surprisingly, it isn’t—more like a combination of lemon and cloves. Lovely herb-y smell to it, too. Between this little herbal pick-me-up and a beautifully mild day overflowing with sunshine (after a week of local flooding), I hope to feel marginally human by day’s end.

TeaBrat

I think it helps me. :)

K S

Lemon and cloves? yeah, that’s what I got from Fusion’s Tropical Tulsi. I thought the clove was an unlisted ingredient. Interesting. My only other tulsi was a bagged (Organic India). I don’t remember it having the same characteristics.

K S

Went and checked my notes. I did note the clove taste but I wasn’t overwhelmed by the bagged version.

Comments

TeaBrat

I think it helps me. :)