drank Iron Buddha by Lipton

A rare just-the-two-of-us excursion for hubby and me yesterday. Springfield, MO. Home of THE Bass Pro Shop (for you outdoor enthusiasts) and a plethora of yummy used bookstores. Lunch at Zio’s…chicken manicotti that’ll put you in an alfredo coma.

And since I spent all my discretionary fundage on books, when we hit the Seoul Oriental Market, I couldn’t not try a new tea, but it had to be a Cheapster. So at $2.15 for 25 bags…why not?

Very little English on the box, so it was a mystery steep. And a nice one! This is a really pleasant bagged oolong. Given oolong-ish parameters (< boiling, about 2 1/2 min), it has a golden oak furniture finish and tastes uncannily like Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit.

Azzrian

Woah what an odd combination – juicy fruit and oak?? LOL I kinda want some now!

gmathis

Clarification—oak refers more to the color than the flavor. I have a candy barrel I use for an end table that I was staring at when I wrote that. But for a cheap bagged oolong, it’s surprisingly tasty.

Comments

Azzrian

Woah what an odd combination – juicy fruit and oak?? LOL I kinda want some now!

gmathis