With apologies to the gentlemen’s sensibilities, this has been one of those food-coma, succumb-to-the-hormones-and-snarf-everything-sugary-within-reach weeks. And I’m now regretting it. And since I’m thinking Drano would be a little harsh for a system cleanse, I reached for what is quickly becoming an herbal standby for what ails me. Light, sharp, just a little spicy and, hopefully, an effective antidote several meals and unscheduled gorges.

Bought by the ounce at local health food hangout, a Cheapster Steepster award-winner as well.